|You must be a user of the FREE AvantGo Mobile Internet Service to download the Coventry Formulary. If you are a current user, click here to get the handheld version. If you would like to download the AvantGo software, click here and then return to this page when installation is complete.|
|The AvantGo Mobile Internet Service gives you access to the Coventry Formulary and other Web sites directly from your Palm or Pocket PC-based handheld device and from your Web-enabled phone — for free! You DO NOT need a modem to take advantage of this service. All you need is a PalmOS or WinCE handheld device, a desktop synchronization cradle, an Internet-accessible desktop computer, and the AvantGo software. Click here for more information.|
|Instructions For Using The Handheld Version|
- The opening page will display three different links for searching drugs and the date the formulary was last updated. You can search by therapuetic (therapy) class, by brand drug name or by generic drug name.
- When searching by therapeutic (therapy) class, you will then view a
screen from which you must choose a therapeutic class (the classes will be
displayed in alpha order).
- Once a therapeutic class is chosen, you will view a screen from
which you must choose a therapeutic subclass. Choosing a subclass will
display all drugs within that subclass, sorted by brand name. The
information displayed will include brand name, generic name, formulary
status and cost index.
- Click on the status icon to view the formulary status legend
explaining what each icon represents.
- When searching by brand name or by generic name, you must select the
first alpha character of the particular brand/generic drug you would like
- Once an alpha character is chosen, all brand/generic drug names
starting with that character are displayed. The information displayed will
include brand name (or generic if a generic drug search), formulary status,
cost index and therapeutic subclass.
|Frequently Asked Questions|
- Which handheld devices are compatible with the Handheld Formulary?
The Handheld Formulary is compatible with the following systems: Palm OS, Pocket PC, Windows CE, and Web-enabled cellular phones
- Can the formulary information be downloaded to the physicianís practice management system?
At this time, this feature is only available for download to PDAs.
- How do you enroll for the Handheld Formulary service?
No formal enrollment with Coventry is necessary. Simply download the service to your PC, and it will be installed on your handheld during your next hotsync. Please direct questions to our vendor at email address firstname.lastname@example.org or direct your browser to the health planís website and visit the Provider area off the main splash page.
- After enrolling for the Handheld Formulary service, how long will it take for the service to be activated?
If all necessary software is in place (see following FAQ), it should take only two to five minutes to synchronize your handheld with the website via your desktop PC. Enrollment is simple. Once you have taken a few minutes to set-up the AvantGo software, clicking on the Coventry hyperlink will add another channel to your sync list. Thereafter, each time your handheld is returned to its cradle (and your desktop PCís web browser is connected to the Internet) the synchronization with the Coventry formulary will occur automatically.
- What software will I need to install on my PC?
Desktop Operating System: You will need one of the following (Windows 95, 98, 2000, ME, or NT 4.0 (SP3) Workstation).
Handheld Operating System: Windows CE 2.x or later, or Palm OS 3.x or later
Synchronization Software: HotSync Manager 3.0 or later
Internet Browser: Netscape Navigator 3.0 or later or Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later
Click here for more information
- How will I get updates?
Receiving Formulary updates on your PDA is as easy as performing a routine HotSync.
- What is the benefit of signing up for Coventry Health Careís Handheld Formulary?
The Coventry Health Care Handheld Formulary provides an easy-to-use, portable version of Coventryís formulary for physicians, by giving automatic updates for users anytime they synchronize their devices while connected to the Plan website.
- I have a color screen on my PDA. Will the Coventry Health Care Handheld Formulary support this feature?
Yes, on models with color screens (such as the Palm IIIc), the Handheld Formulary will appear in color.
- What kind of support will be available?
Technical support via email address email@example.com will be available at no extra charge, should you need it.
- How will I know how old my current version of the Formulary is?
Whenever accessing the Coventry Handheld Formulary, your initial screen will indicate the date of the last update.
- How do I quickly vertical scroll through a long drug listing?
With your handheld stylus, point and hold on the small box within the scroll bar. While holding down, drag the stylus in the appropriate direction to move quickly within the listing.
- Will the Coventry Handheld Formulary alert me of medications that require pre-certification?
Yes, the system will flag any drugs that need to be approved by the health plan before prescribing. Look for the Prior Authorization (PA) yield sign on the Coventry formulary. Be sure to check the online version of the formulary for detailed information.
- How do I find out what the various symbols mean (checkmark, PA, NF, etc)?
By clicking on any of the symbols, the program will display the key page with the symbols and their appropriate definitions.